December 23, 2020
One of our Snack'd holiday favorites is here: Smartfood Hot Chocolate Popcorn Balls!
1 bag (10 oz.) Smartfood Kettle Corn popcorn
1/2 cup butter
1 bag (10 oz.) marshmallows
1 packet hot cocoa (approximately 3 tablespoons)
1/2 cup mini marshmallows (either from the hot cocoa packets or you can buy them separately)
1. In a large pot (a stockpot is great when making popcorn balls), melt the butter over low/medium heat. Once melted, stir in the hot cocoa mix.
2. Add the marshmallows and stir.
3. As soon as they are melted (or like 95% melted), remove the pot from the heat and stir in the popcorn. After a minute or two, as it cools a little, stir in the mini marshmallows.
4. Coat your clean hands in either a little butter, oil, or cooking spray. Quickly press the popcorn into balls and place them on a piece of wax paper.
5. Working with the popcorn quickly here and handling it the least you can helps so it won’t stick to your hands. If it sticks too much, you may need to wash your hands halfway through to remove the residue and re-butter your hands before finishing all the popcorn balls.
6. The popcorn balls can be stored in an airtight container or a large plastic bag (or two). Try not to let the popcorn balls touch each other too much because they will stick together.
Get more of our recipes at moresmileswitheverybite.com.