February 7, 2020
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 & 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
3/4 cup crushed potato chips, plus more for the tops (I used Lay's)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
3 TBSP red and pink sprinkles, plus more for the tops
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookies sheets with parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla; scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour.
- Fold in the potato chips, chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Use a 2 TBSP cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the prepared sheets. Press more sprinkles and crushed potato chips into the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes or so until the edges are browned. Let the cookies set on the cookie sheets for a minute or two, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.