How We Make TOSTITOS® Tortilla Chips
Our recipe for TOSTITOS® starts with three simple ingredients - corn, oil and salt. Our white corn comes straight off the farm where our farmers grow it specially for TOSTITOS®.
This is how it all comes together:
- Start with 100% American-grown whole white corn harvested at the peak of ripeness.
- Cook and soak the corn, and then grind it up into a soft masa corn dough.
- Roll out the corn dough and cut into irregular bite-sized shapes.
- Toast the dough to create extra flavor and different shapes and textures. (For TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!®, we toast first and then form the bowl-shaped chip.)
- Cook up the toasted chips in corn, canola and/or sunflower oil until they're light tasting and crispy.
- Add a dash of salt and they're ready to crunch and dip.
That's how we make the toasted corn chip you know and love - ready to be packed up and delivered fresh to your nearby store.