NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM THE PRIZE. A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Super Bowl Free Chips For A Year Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Frito-Lay, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, Texas 75024-4099, and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC (“Administrator”), 25200 Telegraph Road, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033.
SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2017 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 11, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”).
ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal U.S. residents of Delaware, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Virginia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor, Administrator, the NFL Entities (as defined below), and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, dealers, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, advertising and promotional agencies and suppliers involved in the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), as well as the members of each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and in-laws) and persons residing in the same household as such individuals are not eligible to enter or win. Employees, agents and officers of alcohol beverage retailers and distributors and their immediate family members and all other individuals/entities associated with this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and interpretations, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES:During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible entrant (an “Entrant”) must follow the steps below to receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry (“Entry”):
- Sign into his/her Twitter or Instagram account (Entrant may create a Twitter or Instagram account for free if he/she does not already have one);
- Become a follower of @FritoLayContest on Twitter or Instagram (if not already following @FritoLayContest).There is no charge to sign up for Twitter or Instagram or to follow FRITOLAY; and
- Compose a new Tweet or Instagram post sharing his/her favorite Frito Lay snack, including the hashtag “#FREECHIPSSWEEPSTAKES” to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Entry Requirements: All Entries must comply with the following restrictions:
- RANDOM DRAWING:On or about February 13, 2017, Sponsor’s representatives, whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, will randomly select nineteen (19) potential winners (“Random Drawing”), provided a sufficient number of entries are received. Each winner is considered a potential winner pending verification of his/her eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winner will be notified by a Direct Message from @FritoLayContest on Twitter or Instagram with instructions on how to claim a Prize. The potential winner must respond to the Direct Message winner notification within 24 hours or may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE, AND ODDS OF WINNING:
- Prizes (19):Each winner will receive chips for a year awarded as fifty two (52) coupons each redeemable for one (1) bag of Frito-Lay branded chips valued up to $4.99 (“Prize”).The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $259.48.
- Total ARV:The total ARV of all Prizes available in this Sweepstakes is $4,930.12.
- Odds of Winning:The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: Potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential winner will be notified by Twitter or Instagram direct message after the Random Drawing. Failure to provide all required information and a signature on the documents within the stated time period may result in forfeiture of winner’s right to claim a Prize, and may result in the Prize being awarded to an alternate winner, if time permits. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a Prize for any reason. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, is not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept the Prize, or the winner notification is returned as undeliverable or the potential winner fails to respond to a winner notification within the timeframe specified in such winner notification, or if the potential winner does not answer the initial notification, the Prize may be forfeited.If a Prize is forfeited for any reason, it may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, selected at random from the remaining pool of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, time permitting. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a Prize, the Prize may not be re-awarded. Prizes are not transferable and include only the items specifically listed as part of the Prize. Any portion of a Prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. Each winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes for the Prize won. Approximate retail values are as of the time these Official Rules were printed and the value of the Prize may fluctuate. The winners are not entitled to any difference between the ARV and the actual value of the Prize at the time the Prize is awarded. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility. Each Prize will only be awarded to a verified winner.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for any and all liabilities, including but not limited to lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or inaccurate capture of Sweepstakes-related information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any Sweepstakes-related website(s). Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize. Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for Entries entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device; for any Entries in excess of the stated limit; or for Entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such Entries will, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
- Entry must contain the hashtag #FREECHIPSSWEEPSTAKES;
- Entry must be an original work;
- Entry must be in English (except for commonly understood foreign words);
- Entry must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent);
- Entry cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by any third party, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, other than the Sponsor’s;
- Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images);
- Entry cannot include the name, likeness, photograph, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without written permission from that person;
- Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- Entry cannot promote illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Entry cannot describe or depict any illegal activity or violation of any state or federal law;
- Entries must not include any personally identifiable information (full name, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.);
- Entries must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, or violence;
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government;
- Entry must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way.
If any Entry fails to comply with any of these Entry Requirements or any other provisions of these Official Rules, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entrant.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant understands that he or she is providing his or her information to Sponsor and not Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”) or Instagram, LLC. (“Instagram”). Further, Entrant specifically agrees to release Twitter from any and all liability associated with this Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram, or any of their affiliates.
IMPORTANT: Message and data rates may apply if an Entrant enters this SWEEPSTAKES on his/her mobile device. Not all mobile telephone/wireless providers carry the service necessary to participate in thIS SWEEPSTAKES. Entrants should consult their wireless provider's pricing plans. Mobile entry is not required to enter or win A prize in thIS SWEEPSTAKES.
LIMIT: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. If an Entrant enters more than one (1) time per day, only the first Entry will be included in the Sweepstakes.
- General: In no event will more than nineteen (19) Prizes be awarded during the Sweepstakes Period.If, for any reason, more Prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the nineteen (19) Prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of Prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible Prize claims received. No Prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize, or component thereof, of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the Prize or a Prize component. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person.
If for any reason, Sponsor believes the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable. Notice of such cancelation, termination, or modification of the Sweepstakes shall be posted at www.Fritolay.com/FreeChips4ayear. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s Entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of a Prize (or any component thereof); (e) change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of an Entry; (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of any social media platform or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an Entrant; and (j) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, or any other Sweepstakes-related websites or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including Prize components, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, therefore some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- DISPUTES:THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORTING TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE END OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
PUBLICITY RIGHTS:By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, each Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and likeness, voice recording, video images and all related footage, and statements for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide, including but not limited to on television (including live television), radio, the Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void and will result in disqualification, and if such person is selected as a potential winner, revocation of his/her Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole and absolute opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of the Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and will result in the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is severely undermined by a Force Majeure event, Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without any further obligation. If Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to alter this Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, a notice will be posted at the participating retail locations. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the Prizes in a random drawing from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, providing a sufficient number of entries are received. If any provision of these Official Rules or any word, phrase, clause, sentence or other portion thereof should be held unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then that provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render the remaining provisions of these Official Rules valid and enforceable. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules or any Prize documents will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision and such provision shall remain in full force and effect. All entries and/or materials submitted will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and the Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
WINNER LIST:To obtain the name of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to: Super Bowl Free Chips For A Year Sweepstakes - Winner List Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Winner List requests must be received by April 11, 2017.
Sponsor: Sponsor: Frito-Lay, Inc., 7701 Legacy Drive, Plano, Texas 75024-4099.
Twitter is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. All rights reserved.
Instagram is a registered trademark of Instagram, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Instagram.
All snack-related trademarks are owned by Frito-Lay North America, Inc. © 2017.
The National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC, NFL Players Association, NFL Players Incorporated, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, members, representatives, and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) will have no liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in this promotion or any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored this Sweepstakes in any way.
© 2017 NFL Properties LLC. Team names/logos/indicia are trademarks of the teams indicated. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League.