White Corn, Asparagus & Ham Quiche with FRITOS® Pastry Crust
The toasted corn flavor of a FRITOS® Original Corn Chips crust combines with a savory quiche filling in this satisfying dish.
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons (165 grams) kumquat's all-purpose flour or gluten free all-purpose flour
140 grams FRITOS® Original Corn Chips or FRITOS® SCOOPS!® Corn Chips
1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup ice cold water
1 leek, sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 cup fresh or frozen white corn kernels
1 cup asparagus, sliced on the diagonal
1 cup ham, chopped
4 large eggs
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
1. Combine flour and corn chips in the container of a food processor; pulse until mixture is finely ground.
2. Add butter and pulse until mixture looks like coarse meal. Slowly pour in water, while processor runs, to form a ball of dough. (you may need less than 1/4 cup. Use enough that the dough forms a ball, but not so much that it's sticky.)
3. Form dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 400° F.
5. Roll dough out into a 12-inch circle between two pieces of parchment.
6. Place dough into a pie plate coated with cooking spray.
7. Press dough into pie plate and flute edges (if dough breaks, just piece together and pinch any seams).
8. Pierce bottom of crust a few times with a fork.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
1. Meanwhile, cook leek in melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until just beginning to brown.
2. Add corn, asparagus and ham; cook for 4 minutes or until warmed through.
3. Combine eggs, half-n-half, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; mix well.
4. Sprinkle cheese in the bottom of baked pie crust.
5. Evenly spread ham and vegetable mixture evenly over cheese.
6. Pour egg mixture evenly over top.
7. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until just set. Let sit for 15-20 minutes after removing from oven before slicing.
Recipe created by:
Gretchen Brown, RD of Kumquat - www.kumquatblog.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.