Red Hot Smokers Chicken
Frito-Lay's Lay's® BBQ chips teamed up with the 2012 Memphis in May BBQ Champ, Wayne Booth from the Red Hot Smokers, to show you how to grill champion BBQ chicken right in your backyard.
Watch Wayne's Championship Winning BBQing Tips
1. Place chicken thighs in a non-reactive bowl with the Italian dressing, cover and marinate for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Prepare BBQ or Grill.
3. Wrap the chicken pieces in bacon and secure with skewers or toothpicks.
4. Season both sides with dry rub mixture
5. Place Chicken on the grill over indirect, medium heat.
6. Cook for Approximately 1 hour at 325-350 or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°.
7. During the last 15-20 minutes glaze them with BBQ sauce.