Vibrant colors and fresh seasonal vegetables make this a favorite sharable accompaniment to Bunco parties, family movie nights and summertime cookouts. Feel free to experiment with your favorite farm-fresh vegetables in this recipe. Just make sure to add plenty of Tostitos® Salsa Con Queso for that creamy texture and great taste that everyone will love.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup green bell peppers, small dice
1/2 cup red onions, small dice
2-1/2 cups button mushrooms, small chunks
1 cup sweet fresh corn, kernels (can substitute frozen corn)
1 15-1 /2-ounce jar TOSTITOS® Salsa Con Queso
1 tbsp fresh parsley, rough chop
1. Heat the oil in non-stick sauté pan over high heat.
2. Add tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms and corn. Cook for 4 minutes.
3. Remove vegetables from pan and place in mixing bowl.
4. Add TOSTITOS® Salsa Con Queso and parsley and combine evenly.
5. Pour dip into a serving bowl and serve immediately with TOSTITOS® Multigrain Tortilla Chips and fresh broccoli florets.
Suggestion: Use your favorite (cooked) frozen vegetable blend versus fresh vegetables for an even faster preparation. Grill the vegetables, versus sauté, in the above recipe for added visual appeal and a vibrantly bold vegetable flavor. Substitute chunks of cooked zucchini and summer squash for the button mushrooms or add fresh spinach to the dip for healthy appeal. Add pesto to the dip for added flavor, texture and color and serve immediately.