Vegetable FRITOS® Chili Pie
This vegetable-filled FRITOS® Chili Pie includes layers of chunky chili, vegetables and beans topped with corn bread and crushed FRITOS® Lightly Salted Corn Chips.
1 can black beans, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can diced tomatoes, drained reserving 1/4 cup juice
1 onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
3 zucchini, diced
1 package gluten free soy meatless beef crumbles OR 1 package tempeh, steamed and crumbed
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
1 1/2 cup cornbread mix
1/3 cup unsweetened soy/almond milk
1/4 cup silken tofu
1 cup crushed FRITOS® Lightly Salted Corn Chips
1/4 cup chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to your taste)
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. In a large skillet sauté the onion until translucent.
3. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Add the zucchini, carrot, meatless crumbles, and spices. Cook for 5 minutes until the carrots and zucchini have softened.
. Add the tomatoes, reserved tomato juice and beans to the skillet. Cook another 5-8 minutes until combined and heated through.
6. If it’s too dry, add a tiny bit of water. You don’t want it to be soupy or else it will create a soggy casserole.
7. Pour the vegetable mixture in the bottom of a 9X13-inch pan. Layer with Cheddar cheese if using.
8. With a food processor or hand mixer, combine the silken tofu and unsweetened milk.
9. Add the cornbread mixture and stir to combine. It’s okay if it’s a bit lumpy.
10. Pour the cornbread mixture over the vegetables and spread out to create a thin layer. It will puff up once cooked.
11. Bake for 20 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and spread the 1 cup crushed FRITOS® Lightly Salted Corn Chips on top.
13. Bake for 3 more minutes, remove from oven to cool for several minutes and serve!
Recipe created by:
Alexandra Caspero MA, RD of Delicious Knowledge - http://delicious-knowledge.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.