Turkey Posole with TOSTITOS® ARTISAN RECIPES® Tortilla Chips
Need some aroma therapy? Our FLAVOR KITCHEN™ has just what you need. And a great posole recipe made with turkey.
1 pound ground lean turkey
1 onion, diced
4 cups chicken broth
1 – 15 oz can white hominy, drained
1 cup green salsa
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 bag of TOSTITOS® ARTISAN RECIPES® Roasted Garlic and Black Bean Tortilla Chips
1. Heat a non-stick dutch oven over medium high heat.
2. Add the turkey and onion, cook, stirring frequently to break up the turkey, until browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the broth, hominy, Salsa, garlic, cumin and oregano. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered until the flavors are blended, about 15 minutes.
5. Stirring constantly, gradually add the cornmeal to the soup.
6. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
7. Remove the dutch oven from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
8. Serve over mixture of TOSTITOS® ARTISAN RECIPES® Roasted Garlic and Black Bean Tortilla Chips.