TOSTITOS® Crust Party Quiches
Prep time: 40 minutes Serves: 3 quiches
This dish will be a hit among brunch guests. A warm and soft corn-flavored crust surrounds a veggie-dense quiche topped with blue cheese and cilantro.
1 small tomato, chopped
1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup milk
20 TOSTITOS® Original Tortilla Chips
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons blue cheese
Cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place TOSTITOS® Original Tortilla Chips in a food processor and pulse until the chips are a coarse meal.
3. Add 1 tablespoon melted butter to the chips and pulse once more.
4. Spray 1/3 cup-sized ramekins with cooking spray. Make sure to spray the interior walls to prevent sticking.
5. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the TOSTITOS® Original Tortilla Chips coarse meal into each ramekin.
6. Starting with the walls, press the tortilla chips against the inside of the ramekin to create a packed crust.
7. Press remaining tortilla chips to create the base of the crust in the ramekin.
8. Bake the ramekins on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
1. Add the onion, spinach, and tomatoes evenly among the ramekins.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk one egg.
3. Slowly add milk, whisking, until the egg mixture turns a pale yellow color (approximately 1/4 cup milk).
4. Add black pepper to the egg mixture.
5. Pour egg mixture over chopped vegetables in the quiche crust until each ramekin is full.
6. Bake ramekins on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.
7. The quiche is done when a knife can be inserted into the center of the quiche and drawn out cleanly.
8. Add blue cheese to the top of each quiche and broil until the cheese begins to melt and bubble.
9. Remove from oven.
1. Wait for the quiche to cool slightly (about five minutes).
2. Use a sharp knife to separate the quiche crust from the ramekin.
3. Flip the ramekins over to remove the entire quiche.
4. Place the quiches upright and top with fresh cilantro.
Recipe created by:
Carlene Thomas, RD of Carlene's Figments - http://www.carlenesfigments.wordpress.com.
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.