TOSTITOS® ARTISAN RECIPES® Chicken Cheeseburgers with Chipotle Caramelized Onions
2 pounds Ground chicken leg meat
1/3 cup Chopped parsley
1 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
1 Tbsp. Onion powder
1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
2 Tbsp. Ground mustard
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. smoked salt
¼ tsp. Ground black pepper
8 Burger buns
8 slices Sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
2 large Yellow onions, julienne
1 Tbsp. Chipotle chiles en adobo, chopped
¼ cup TOSTITOS® Cantina Chipotle Restaurant Style Salsa
Pinch Salt and pepper
½ cup Good mayonnaise
Lettuce and tomato optional
1 bag TOSTITOS® ARTISAN RECIPES® Roasted Garlic and Black Bean Tortilla Chips
Make the burger meat:
• In a mixing bowl combine the ground chicken meat with the parsley, garlic and dry spices and mix well with a wooden spoon or by hand with latex gloves (bare hands tend to warm the meat…not good!).
• When well mixed, form into 6 to 7 ounce burgers and set aside.
Caramelize the Onions:
• Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and onions and sauté until well browned, then sprinkle in a pinch of salt and pepper and add the chipotles, salsa, mix well, then remove from heat and set aside.
Finish the Burger:
• Preheat the grill.
• Brush the burger patties with a little olive oil and place on the grill. After 3 minutes turn 90 degrees, then after 3 minutes more flip over for 3 minutes, then turn 90 degrees again. You can test the internal temperature with an instant read pocket thermometer. You should remove the burgers from the grill when the inside reaches 160 degrees.
• Top with cheese and chipotle onions, toast the buns on the grill and place the burger on the bottom bun. Brush the top bun with a little mayo, add lettuce and tomato if desired and a few tortilla chips. Cap the burger with the top bun and serve immediately.