The Original Fiesta Bowl
Prep time: 120 minutes
The TOSTITOS® Fiesta Bowl only happens once a year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a Fiesta Bowl party whenever you feel like it. Follow these step-by-step instructions for the biggest and baddest of the Ultimate Creations, and not only will you have your very own Fiesta Bowl, but also you’ll have the food for the party built right in.
One 16.5”x11.5” rectangular baking pan
Small butter knife or icing spatula
Pastry tube with fine and large tips
1 box of toothpicks
3 cans FRITOS® Bean Dip
2 jars TOSTITOS® Salsa Con Queso
2 jars TOSTITOS® Medium Chunky Salsa
2 -16 ounces containers sour cream
3- 16 ounces containers guacamole
2 stalks celery
6 baby carrots
6 green olives
6 black olives
6 orange bell peppers
4 loaves of sliced white or wheat bread
4 bags of TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips (or your favorite variety of TOSTITOS® Tortilla Chips)
1 bag pretzel sticks
1 jar smooth peanut butter
1 jar fruit jam
1. In the baking pan, layer the bean dip, sour cream, TOSTITOS® Medium Chunky Salsa, TOSTITOS® Salsa Con Queso and guacamole on top of each other to create a five-layer dip with the guacamole as the top layer to create the field.
2. Use the spatula to smooth the guacamole as evenly as possible.
3. Use a small butter knife or icing spatula to score lines on the field to use as guides.
4. Using the pastry tube with a fine tip, pipe sour cream lines onto the field following the score marks.
1. Make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches* out of all four loaves of bread. Cut sandwiches into thirds, making finger sandwiches.
2. Using the finger sandwiches as bricks and toothpicks to secure them, build a two-layer wall around the perimeter of the field. This will be the inner retaining wall of the stadium.
3. Use the remaining finger sandwiches with toothpicks to build an outer retaining wall three inches outside the inner wall. Stack the sandwich bricks three layers high.
4. Use toothpicks to anchor celery sticks, hollow side up, atop the walls of the sandwiches, cutting them to size.
5. Fill the pastry tube with peanut butter, and use a large tip to pipe generous amounts of peanut butter into the celery sticks.
6. Slice peppers into uniform pieces, and insert them vertically into the peanut butter on the inner wall.
7. On the outer wall, insert pretzel sticks vertically into the peanut butter to create a “fence.”
8. Pour TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips to fill in the space between the two walls.
1. Use the baby carrots and celery sticks cut to similar size and topped with the olives to create two teams of players.
2. Use cut celery sticks and toothpicks to create two goal posts.
3. Place one almond “football” on the field.
*Or replace with any sandwich of your choice—tuna, egg salad and chicken salad all work great!