Roasted Red Bell Pepper - Kalamata Basil Dip
Prep time: 75 minutes
This elegant Mediterranean-inspired combination of Kalamata olives, roasted peppers and fresh basil with seasoned cream cheese and a hint of citrus pairs perfectly with the light crispness of Baked! LAY'S® Original Potato Crisps and is a perfect beginning to an alfresco couple’s dinner or pre-theater cocktail party.
8 ounce cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup diced white onion
¼ cup diced roasted red bell pepper Oar fine)
2 tablespoon chopped Kalamata olives
2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1½ teaspoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Recommended utensils: Electric food processor, medium stainless steel mixing bowl, rubber spatula, chef’s knife, cutting board
1. Allow the cream cheese to soften to room temp (about 1 hr).
2. Place the cream cheese, sour cream, onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor. Cut the mixture for 2-3 minutes until it lightens up and reaches a smooth consistency.
3. Place the mixture in a medium stainless steel mixing bowl; fold in the red bell peppers, Kalamata olives and basil.
4. Place the mixture in a ceramic bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Serve with Baked! LAY'S® Original Potato Crisps.