Potato Panko Coconut Shrimp with Jalapeño Honey Dipping Sauce
Prep time: 20 minutes Serves: 6
A great and simple gluten free recipe for coconut shrimp using LAY'S® Lightly Salted Potato Chips. It's light and refreshing with a burst of citrus flavors.
For Shrimp Coating:
3/4 cup LAY'S® Lightly Salted Potato Chips (about 3 oz.), crushed
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup coconut flour
3 egg whites
1 pound large raw shrimp, shelled with tail kept on
For Dipping Sauce:
1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons orange champagne vinegar
1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together crushed potato chips and shredded coconut.
3. In a separate bowl, pour coconut flour.
4. In a third bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
5. To coat the shrimp, arrange an assembly line with flour first, egg whites next and potato/coconut mixture last.
6. For each piece of shrimp, dredge in flour, then egg whites and lastly in potato/coconut mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, turning halfway through baking. Remove from baking sheet and place on serving tray.
8. While shrimp bakes, assemble dipping sauce. In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, honey, lime juice, vinegar and pepper until thoroughly incorporated.
9. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
10. Serve shrimp on a serving tray with dipping sauce in a ramekin.
Recipe created by:
Deanna Segrave-Daly, RD of Teaspoon Communications - http://teaspooncomm.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.