Pita Chip Tuna Melts
Try this delicious recipe from our Frito-Lay Flavor Kitchen™
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1 ½ teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
3 Tablespoons drained capers
2 – 4 oz cans, good-quality tuna fish packed in oil, drained well
½ gourmet cucumber, 5-6 oz, cleaned and sliced in half lengthwise and cut in ¼ inch slices
½ of an avocado, pit removed, scooped out and diced
2 ripe tomatoes, 8 oz, cut into wedges
1 cleaned shallot, about1 ½ oz, peeled and cut in half and sliced thin
2 Tablespoons (¼ oz) tarragon leaves, chopped
½ oz (1/2 bunch) Italian parsley leaves, chopped coarsely
1 bag of STACY'S® SIMPLY NAKED® Pita Chips
6 oz sharp cheddar cheese sliced thin
1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Reserve to the side.
1. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Toss gently with the Mustard Dressing.
To finish the STACY'S® Pita Chips Mini Tuna Melts:
1. Spread out chips in one layer on a baking sheet.
2. Cut cheese slices in approximate size of chips.
3. Place a slice of cheese on each chip, follow with a small spoonful of tuna salad, and top with cheese.
4. Place finished tray in a 375°F preheated oven about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.