Pita Chip Candy Crunch - Chocolate
Submitted by Ree, author behind Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. A mother and pioneer from the frontier, Ree shares her flavor of country and STACY'S® Pita Chips bi-weekly here and on her site.
1. Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. In a small skillet, lightly toast pecans over medium low heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until flavor deepens.
3. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
4. To assemble, spread pita chips in a single layer on top of waxed paper. Pour half the melted chocolate over the top, distributing as evenly as possible. Sprinkle half the toasted pecans over the top. Repeat with the rest of the chocolate and the rest of the pecans.
5. Allow to sit at room temperature to harden, or place in the freezer for ten minutes to speed the process along.
6. Crack apart with a fork and place on a serving platter and serve immediately.