This modified version of Onion Pie, a traditional comfort food, uses LAY'S® Classic Potato Chips to create a new classic dish.
2 oz. (30 chips) LAY'S® Classic Potato Chips
2 cups onions, sliced
1 teaspoon margarine
1 cup milk
4 egg whites
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Place LAY'S® Classic Potato Chips in 9 inch pie plate and slightly crush.
2. Take sliced onions and sauté in margarine until wilted.
3. Place onions on top of chips.
4. Mix together milk, egg whites and pepper. Pour over onions.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese over other ingredients.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Recipe created by:
Nancy Urbanec of Nutrition Know How - NutritionKnowHow.org
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.