Mushroom Bacon Breakfast Strata
Submitted by Ree, author behind Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. A mother and pioneer from the frontier, Ree shares her flavor of country and STACY'S® Pita Chips bi-weekly here and on her site.
10 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 pieces
10 white mushrooms, sliced
8 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup half & half
salt and pepper to taste
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
10 ounces STACY'S® Simply Naked® Pita Chips
1. Fry bacon pieces in a large skillet until done but not overly crispy. Drain on a paper towel, pour grease from skillet.
2. Add mushrooms to skillet (don’t clean skillet first) and cook until done.
3. Mix eggs, half & half, salt, and pepper.
4. Arrange pita chips in an 8 x 11-inch baking dish. Slightly press to flatten.
5. Tear pieces of cream cheese and evenly distribute over the top.
6. Distribute mushrooms and bacon over the top, followed by the cheddar cheese. Pour egg mixture evenly over all ingredients.
7. Place into the fridge for several hours or overnight (makes a handy breakfast casserole!), then bake at 325°F for 20 minutes or until eggs are set. Cut into squares and serve immediately.