Mini Quiche SCOOPS!®
This recipe is quick and simple to prepare, but big on flavor. Try it as an alternative to the traditional flour crust recipe.
16 TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips
2 tablespoons reduced fat cheddar cheese, finely shredded
2 tablespoons reduced fat Parmesan or Asiago cheese, finely shredded
1 slice bacon, excess fat removed and chopped finely
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red onion, minced
1 tablespoon low-fat Greek yogurt
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or paprika
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced and divided
3 grape tomatoes, sliced thinly
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a small baking pan, arrange TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips facing up, set aside. Combine cheeses in small bowl and set aside.
3. In a small pan, cook bacon on medium heat until almost crisp. Add 1 tablespoon minced red onion, cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, salt and cayenne until well combined. Stir in 3 tablespoons of cheese mixture. Add bacon and onion mixture and 1 teaspoon of the parsley and stir until combined.
5. To each TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips, add approximately 1 teaspoon of egg mixture, about 2/3 full. Top with additional shredded cheese, tomato slice, minced onion and parsley.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until egg is slightly firm.
7. Transfer to serving plate and enjoy immediately.
Recipe created by:
Jennifer Haferkamp of The Foodery - http://thefoodery.wordpress.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.