Lime Creamsicle Tortilla Crunch Pie
Serves: 8 slices
The combination of tart lime and crunchy TOSTITOS® Original Tortilla Chips is a perfect sweet treat for summer picnics and get-togethers.
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 cup TOSTITOS® Original Tortilla Chips, crushed
2 avocados, pitted and peeled
1 cup 1% milk
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup plain full-fat yogurt, strained over a paper towel-lined colander; or Greek yogurt
1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
1/4 teaspoon shredded lime peel
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a 9-inch glass pie plate, melt butter in the microwave.
3. Stir in sugar and then tortilla chips until well mixed; press chip mixture up the sides of the pie plate to form a crust.
4. Bake crust for 5 minutes. Cool completely.
5. In a blender or food processor, place avocados, milk, sugar, yogurt, lime juice, lime zest and process until smooth.
6. Scrape lime/yogurt ice cream mixture into prepared pie crust and freeze until firm; about 2-3 hours.
7. Remove pie from freezer for five minutes and serve.
Recipe created by:
Serena Ball, MS, RD of Teaspoon Communications - http://teaspooncomm.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.