LAY’S® New England Style Clam Chowder
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 Medium Yellow Onion, finely sliced
2 Whole Celery Stalks, trimmed, quartered lengthwise, and slice ¼” thick
¼ pound Applewood smoked bacon, diced
3 Tablespoons butter
1 ½ Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
6 Cups Chicken Stock
1 cup Crushed LAY’S® Classic potato chips
6 (10- Ounce) cans Chopped Clams
2 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Ea. Bayleaf
1 Pound Idaho Potatoes
To Taste Salt
To taste Pepper
• Cook the bacon in a large pot until just under crispy.
• Add the butter. onion and celery and sauté until softened, stirring often
• Stir in the flour and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
• Add the stock, juice from 2 cans of chopped clams (reserve clams), cream, bay leaves, and potatoes and whisk to get out any flour lumps.
• Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently (the mixture will thicken) then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook 20 minutes, stirring often, until the potatoes are nice and tender
• Then add clams and season to taste with salt and pepper, cook another 2 minutes and serve with crushed chips on top.