Howl at the Moon Nachos Featuring DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips
Prep time: 30 minutes Serves: 4-6
Not for the faint of heart, the heat-producing power of this potent combination of jalapeños, chipotle peppers, and hot sauce may cause sweating and heart pounding almost as intensely as watching a hunky werewolf with a set of six-pack abs strut across the screen. Make sure you have plenty of cool beverages on hand, or your guests just might discover their own inner werewolf when they least expect it.
1 20 ounce bag DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips
1 1/2 cup cheddar jack cheese blend
1/3 cup chopped jarred jalapeños
3-4 ounces spicy hot sauce
1 jar of TOSTITOS® Medium Salsa
2-3 Chipotle Peppers in adobo sauce
Recommended Utensils: Chef’s knife, cutting board, oven safe platter, baking sheet, blender
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Open the bag of DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips and scatter one-third of the chips over a large platter.
3. Next, place one-third of the cheese blend over the chips.
4. Place one-third of the chopped jalapeños on top of the cheese, finish with about 2.5 tablespoons of the hot sauce drizzled over the layer of nachos.
5. Repeat this procedure two more times until you have built three layers.
6. Place the platter in a 350-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese has melted.
7. While the nachos are in the oven place the TOSTITOS® Medium Salsa and the chipotles in a blender and cut the mixture 1-2 minutes so the mixture will be homogenized, and this can be done during the cooking of the nachos or ahead of time and serve immediately.