Garden Tomato and Basil Soup
We use a real recipe with all-natural ingredients to make our Garden Tomato and Basil flavor. That’s right – now you can create the flavor of these chips in your home.
1 tablespoon canola oil
1½ cups diced white onions
3 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
4 cups red tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
½ cup tomato paste
3 tablespoon chopped basil
Kosher salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Juice of ½ lemon
1. In a saucepan, heat the canola oil for 2-3 minute over medium heat.
2. Sauté the onions for 4-5 minutes, avoiding any browning, then add garlic.
3. Mix together.
4. Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth and tomato paste.
5. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
6. Remove the soup from the heat, add basil and blend in a blender or food processor for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
7. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and serve immediately.