Garden Tomato and Basil Pizza Sauce
Serves: 8 cups
2 tablespoon canola oil
3 cups diced white onions
6 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
8 cups red tomatoes, roughly chopped
2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup tomato paste
6 tablespoon chopped basil
Kosher salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
1. In a saucepan, heat the canola oil for 2-3 minute over medium heat.
2. Saute the onions for 4-5 minutes, avoiding any browning.
3. Add the garlic, tomatoes, vegetable broth and tomato paste.
4. Bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
5. Remove the mixture from the heat, add basil and blend in a blender or food processor for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
6. Season with salt, pepper.
7. Divide the mixture into two even containers.
8. Reserve half for pizza sauce. Use other half for a base for tomato vegetable soup or freeze to enjoy on a pizza later!