FRITOS® Waffles with Mascarpone and Warm Strawberry Compote
Serves: 9 waffles
Waffles get an update with this recipe using FRITOS® Original Corn Chips to make a savory batter.
1 1/4 cups millet flour
3/4 cup FRITOS® Original Corn Chips, crushed
1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup milk
3 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup melted butter
1/4 cup honey
3 large egg whites
1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine flour, FRITOS® Original Corn Chips, flaxmeal, baking powder, milk, egg yolks, vanilla, butter and honey in a blender container. Blend until smooth.
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold flour mixture into beaten egg whites until incorporated, being careful not to deflate egg whites.
3. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto greased, heated griddle and cook according to manufacturer's instructions. Repeat with remaining batter.
4. Combine strawberries, sugar, cornstarch and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until juicy and thickened.
5. Serve waffles with mascarpone cheese and warm strawberries.
Recipe created by:
Gretchen Brown, RD of Kumquat - www.kumquatblog.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.