Creole Tomato Dip
8 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces sour cream
½ cup diced tomatoes
¼ cup diced yellow onions
¼ cup. diced green peppers
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 teaspoons Creole spice mix
1 teaspoon hot sauce
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Warm the cream cheese to room temperature— half hour to 45 minutes and place the cream cheese and sour cream in a stainless steel mixing bowl, and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes until mixture is homogenized, reserve to the side.
2. In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, heat the canola oil for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the green peppers, onions, tomatoes and Creole spice.
4. Sauté the vegetables and spice mixture for 6-8 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temp.
6. Fold the vegetable mixture into the cream cheese/sour cream mixture.
7. Whisk thoroughly for 2-3 minutes until homogenized.
8. Finish the dip with the hot sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve immediately with STACY'S® SIMPLY NAKED® Pita Chips.