Chocolate & Potato Chip Cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes Serves: 3 dozen
Try this recipe for a delicious twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookie.
2 cups all-purpose gluten free baking flour or your favorite blend
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup canola oil or butter (chewy or crisp)
2 tablespoon agave nectar
1/2 cup brewed coffee
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup miniature milk chocolate chips
5 oz. LAY'S® Classic Potato Chips (about 4 cups or 75 chips), processed till finely minced but not mealy
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2.Process 4 cups of LAY'S® Classic Potato Chips and weigh until you have 5 oz. (about half the bag).
3. In a large bowl, whisk together baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Stir in the brown sugar, and mix until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil (or butter), vanilla extract, agave and 5 tablespoons coffee.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until smooth. If the dough is too stiff, add more coffee as needed to soften. The finished dough should be thick.
7. Stir in potato chips.
8. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place two inches apart onto a sheet pan lined with parchment. Bake on the bottom rack for 15-17 minutes.
9. Remove from oven to cool for five minutes then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
10. Repeat until all dough is used.
Recipe created by:
Susan Magrini of Cooking with Diabetes - http://cookingwithdiabetes.blogspot.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.