Chipotle Tortilla Soup
Prep time: 30 minutes
Tortilla soup is a delicious, versatile and affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy. Try this recipe using leftover grilled chicken, and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup shallots, diced
2 carrots, chopped
1 cup corn kernels
8 oz. grilled chicken breast, chopped
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
3 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
4 oz. TOSTITOS® Original Tortilla Chips, broken up into bite-size pieces
2 scallions, chopped for garnish
2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped for garnish
1. In a soup pot, sauté the shallots in the olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until tender but not brown.
2. Add the carrots, corn, chicken and chilies. Stir together and sauté for a minute.
3. Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper and simmer the soup for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the soup from the heat and add the tortilla chips. Stir them into the soup until they have wilted.
5. Garnish with scallions and cilantro, and serve immediately.
Recipe created by:
Annemarie Rossi of Real Food Real Deals - http://realfoodrealdeals.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.