Chipotle FRITOS® Meringues
Prep time: 10 minutes Serves: 5
This appetizer is light and crisp, but packs a kick of chipotle heat and earthy corn flavor. Serve on a platter on its own or as a topping for a salad.
2 1/2 tablespoons FRITOS® SCOOPS!® Corn Chips (about 13 chips)
2 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 300° F.
2. Place FRITOS® SCOOPS!® Corn Chips inside a food processor, pulse until reduced to a powder.
3. Mix powder with chipotle seasoning and set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, whip two egg whites until they reach the stiff peak stage.
5. Fold egg whites and chipotle mix together.
6. Cover a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
7. Use two spoons to drop meringues evenly spaced on baking sheet.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly browned and crispy.
9. Store leftovers in an air tight container.
Recipe created by:
Carlene Thomas, RD of Carlene's Figments - http://www.carlenesfigments.wordpress.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.