Chicken Parmesan Rollatini
This recipe is a simple and delicious gluten free take on the classic Chicken Parmesan recipe.
1/2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
3 clove garlic, thinly sliced
(1) 14.5 oz. can crushed San Marzano tomatoes with basil
6 fresh basil leaves, chopped and divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
(4) 6 oz. chicken breasts
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 cup (4 oz.) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup FRITOS® Original Corn Chips, crushed
1 large egg white
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Combine the broth, garlic, tomatoes and 1/2 of the basil in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
3. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover to keep warm.
4. While the sauce cooks, pound the chicken breast, to about 1/8 inch thickness.
5. Season chicken with remaining salt and pepper; place smooth-side down on a work surface.
6. Sprinkle with the parsley and remaining basil and about 3 tablespoons mozzarella.
7. Starting at the short end of the chicken breast, roll up to enclose the filling and secure with a toothpick.
8. Mix the Parmesan and corn chips in a shallow dish.
9. Put the egg white in another dish and beat until foamy.
10. Mist a small glass baking dish with cooking spray.
11. Dip the chicken rolls in the egg white, then coat with the corn chip mixture.
12. Place chicken breasts in the baking dish, seam-side down.
13. Sprinkle with any remaining crumbs and mist with cooking spray.
14. Bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve with the tomato sauce, and polenta, if desired.
Recipe created by:
Amber Massey, RD, LD of Chocolate-Broccoli - http://chocolate-broccoli.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.