Caramelized Onion Dip with Bacon and Gruyere Cheese
Need a savory dip to serve this holiday season? This dip combines bacon, Gruyere cheese and fresh chives for a dip sure to satisfy.
• 3 slices Applewood Smoked Bacon
• 4 cups yellow onion, diced
• 1/2 cup Gruyere Cheese, grated
• 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
• 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon chives, finely minced
• 1 10.5-oz. bag LAY'S® Wavy Original Potato Chips
In a non-stick pan, cook the bacon slices until crisp and brown. Remove the slices from the pan, and place on a paper towel. Remove all but a teaspoon of the bacon fat from the pan, add the onions and turn to medium-high heat. Cook the onions until they are thoroughly brown, stirring frequently. Crumble the bacon, stir it into the onions with the gruyere cheese, and remove from heat. In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, sour cream, salt and pepper, and mix well. Add the onion mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Transfer to a small baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Sprinkle with chives and serve with LAY'S® Wavy Original Potato Chips.