Blueberry Baked French Toast
Submitted by Ree Drummond, author behind Confessions of a Pioneer Woman. A mother and pioneer from the frontier, Ree shares her flavor of country and STACY'S® Pita Chips. Visit http://thepioneerwoman.com/ for more delicious recipes.
10 ounces STACY'S® Simply Naked® Pita Chips
7 large eggs
2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
6 oz fresh blueberries (optional)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (use a little more)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1. Grease 9 x 13 inch baking pan with butter.
2. Pour in pita chips and arrange evenly in bottom of pan.
3. In a bowl mix together eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla.
4. Pour egg mixture over pita chips.
5. Cover pan tightly with foil and place in refrigerator overnight, or at least six hours.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Remove pan from refrigerator.
8. Sprinkle blueberries over the top.
9. Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
10. Slice butter and add to bowl, then use pastry cutter to cut the butter into the flour mixture.
11. Sprinkle flour mixture over the blueberries and make sure it’s evenly distributed.
12. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Chips on top should be crispy and crunchy.
13. Remove from oven and cut into squares and serve immediately. Drizzle with blueberry or maple syrup and serve warm.
Notes: Sweeten the deal by topping with whipped cream!