Blackened Chicken Sandwich
4 5-6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/8 cup blackening spice
Salt and pepper to taste
2 medium red bell peppers
1 medium yellow onion
½ cup mayo
1 tablespoon Tabasco® Sauce
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Brush the chicken breasts with the oil, season with salt and pepper and dust both sides of the chicken breast with the blackening spice.
2. Cook the chicken on the grill for 5 to 6 minutes each side to ensure the chicken is properly cooked.
3. While the chicken is cooking on the grill, heat a medium sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of canola oil over medium heat to make the garnish.
For the Garnish:
1. Slice the bell peppers and yellow onions.
2. In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, sauté the peppers and onions for 3-4 minutes until tender.
3. Reserve the mixture to the side in the pan so the mixture stays warm.
For the Tabasco® Mayo:
In a small mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix thoroughly for 1-2 minutes.
While the chicken is finishing on the grill.
4. Lightly butter 4 buns and toast the buns on the grill.
5. Once toasted, place the blackened chicken on the bottom bun, top each chicken breast evenly with the onion/bell pepper mixture.
6. Follow with the Tabasco® Mayo and the top bun.
7. Serve immediately with LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips.