Black Bean-Habanero Lime Dip
Do you like it bold? Here’s your chance to show off your spicy side! The fresh lime juice brings out the flavors of the fiery chilies and cilantro against the rich and hearty backdrop of whipped cream cheese and black beans. Adjust the amount of habanero to get the perfect balance for you and your guests. And don’t forget the DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips. It’s your time to shine. How hot can you handle it?
NOTE: Habanero chilies are among the hottest in the world. It is strongly recommended that you wear gloves and avoid touching your face, nose or other sensitive areas of your body when working with them.
1 bag of DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup diced white onion
1 cup rinsed and rough chopped pre-cooked black beans (canned fine)
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/8 cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon lime juice
1-2 teaspoon minced habanero chile--seeds and ribs removed
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Recommended Utensils: Electric food processor, medium non-reactive (ceramic, plastic or glass) mixing bowl, rubber spatula, chef’s knife, cutting board, plastic wrap, 3-cup ceramic bowl, plastic gloves
1. Place the cream cheese, sour cream, onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper in an electric food processor.
2. Process the mixture 2-3 minutes until it lightens up and becomes a smooth consistency.
3. Place the mixture in a medium non-reactive mixing bowl; fold in the black beans, cilantro, green onions and habanero chilies.
4. Place the mixture in a three-cup or larger ceramic bowl, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to serving.
5. Serve with DORITOS® Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips.