Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
For a meatless entrée or side dish with plenty of flavor, try these hearty stuffed tomatoes.
6 large beefsteak tomatoes
4 servings of TOSTITOS® Original Tortilla Chips, crushed into ½ cup crumbs
1/4 cup fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
1/2 cup dairy-free cheese (or 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese if you’re not dairy-free), shredded
1 cup white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice top of tomatoes off and scoop out pulp and seeds.
3. Salt the insides of tomatoes and rest upside down on a wire rack over a sheet pan for 15 minutes to extract juices.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together crushed TOSTITOS® Original Tortilla Chips, basil, cheese, kidney beans, olive oil, salt and pepper.
5. Stuff tomatoes with the filling, and bake until tomatoes are cooked through and tops are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
6. If you have some filling leftover, it makes a great mix-in for spinach salad!
Recipe created by:
Janel Funk MS, RD of Eat Well with Janel http://eatwellwithjanelblog.com
Disclosure: This recipe is designed to be gluten free. Frito-Lay is not liable or responsible for the outcome of any recipes from this website, as the ingredients used cannot be controlled nor can the environment where the recipe is made. Please click here for the full list of Frito-Lay’s qualified gluten free products.