Baked Bean Dip
8 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup cooked bacon, finely chopped
1/2 cup cooked onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1 14-ounce can baked beans
1 tsp brown sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Warm the cream cheese to room temperature— half-hour to 45 minutes.
2. Place the cream cheese and sour cream in a stainless steel mixing bowl and mix thoroughly 2-3 minutes until mixture is homogenized, reserve to the side.
3. Take 6 pieces of bacon and roughly chop, place the chopped bacon in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
4. Cook the bacon until just crisp - about 8 minutes.
5. Remove the bacon from the pan and place on a paper towel to remove any excess grease.
6. Save 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat in the pan. Using the same pan, place the diced yellow onions and sauté for 6-7 minutes until the onion is lightly golden brown and tender.
7. Once the onion is cooked, fold the onion and bacon into the sour cream/cream cheese mixture.
8. Add the brown sugar and mix thoroughly.
9. Open the can of baked beans and pour onto a large cutting board. Hand cut the beans until beans are cut into small pieces.
10. Mix the beans into the sour cream/cream cheese mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
11. Serve immediately with TOSTITOS® Hint of Lime Flavored Tortilla Chips.