How We Make TOSTITOS® Tortilla Chips
Our recipe for TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips is pretty easy — corn, oil and salt. We use white corn, straight off the farm where our farmers grow it especially for TOSTITOS® Tortilla Chips.
Here’s how we do it:
- Grow — We start with 100 percent American-grown whole white corn.
- Mill — Then we cook and soak the corn before grinding up the kernels into a soft masa corn dough.
- Shape — Next, we roll out the corn dough and cut it into the famous TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips shape.
- Toast & Cook — Then we toast the dough to turn up the flavor a before cooking the toasted chips in corn, canola and/or sunflower oil until they’re crispy.
- Season — We top the chips with salt, and they're ready be bagged.
- Package — Once we package the chips and pack the bags in cases, TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips are on their way to your local store.