How We Make LAY'S® Classic Potato Chips
All across America, farmers are growing potatoes specifically for Frito-Lay so we can make our great tasting chips. Once the potatoes arrive at one of our plants, they can go from raw potatoes to crispy chips in as little as 15 minutes. Here’s how we do it:
- Wash — First, we thoroughly clean whole potatoes in water.
- Peel — Next, we gently peel the skin from the potatoes.
- Slice — We thinly slice the potatoes and rinse them again to remove any excess starch.
- Cook — Then we cook the potato slices to a crispy crunch in corn, canola and/or sunflower oil.
- Season — We season the chips with salt.
- Package — Then we bag LAY'S® Classic Potato Chips, pack the bags in cases and drive them to local stores for fans to enjoy.