Vanilla Panna Cotta with Strawberries
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup and 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 pack (1/4oz.) gelatin powder
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 ½ pint strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1) Warm the cream, vanilla bean and ½ cup of sugar together to a low simmer and remove from heat.
- 2) If using powdered gelatin, stir it into the warm cream and sugar until dissolved. If using gelatin sheets, first soften them in cold water and then dissolve them into the cream.
- 3) Remove the vanilla husk and pour the mixture into small cups or molds and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- 4) Mix the quartered strawberries with the remaining 1 Tbsp. of sugar and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- 5) Dip the panna cottas into hot water to loosen and turn out onto small plates, then spoon strawberries around and serve.
Celebrate flavors inspired by