PLANO, Texas – The FRITOS brand has partnered with Tim McGraw and his Neighbor’s Keeper Fund to donate a total of $500,000 to nonprofit organizations in 34 cities, where he’ll be playing as part of his “Southern Voice” Tour.
“FRITOS brand corn chips have been part of American family traditions and community gatherings for generations,” said Christy Kulka, FRITOS Marketing Manager, Frito-Lay North America. “It was natural to partner with Tim McGraw and his Neighbor’s Keeper Fund as they are focused on bringing communities together. The FRITOS brand has worked with Tim to hand pick each nonprofit that we will support so we can impact as many families as possible.”
The chosen organizations represent an array of needs across many communities, but they are connected in their common theme of uplifting families, specifically women and children.
Neighbor’s Keeper focuses mainly on children’s initiatives, and funds the work of existing charitable groups who are already working in areas where relief is needed.
“My wife and I believe it’s imperative for neighbors to help to improve communities, and FRITOS is stepping up to do just that,” said Tim McGraw. “In conjunction with my Neighbor’s Keeper Fund, the FRITOS brand’s generous donation will help children and families thrive across this great country.”
The following 34 nonprofits will benefit from the FRITOS/Neighbors Keepers Fund donation:
• Albuquerque, NM – Roadrunner Food Bank
• Atlanta, GA – Scottsdale Child Development & Family Resource Center
• Birmingham, AL – Children’s Village
• Charlotte, NC – A Child’s Place
• Chicago, IL – Childserv
• Cincinnati, OH – Cincinnati Early Learning Centers
• Columbus, OH –Huckleberry House
• Dallas, TX – Children’s Medical Center
• Darien Center, NY – Cradle Beach
• Denver, CO – Tennyson Center for Children
• Detroit, MI – Children’s Center of Wayne County
• Hartford, CT – Hands on Hartford – Weekend Backpack Program
• Holmdel, NJ – Prevention First
• Houston, TX – SEARCH Homeless Services
• Indianapolis, IN – Day Nursery Association of Indianapolis
• Kansas City, MO – Samuel Rodgers Community Health Center
• New Orleans – Kingsley House
• Philadelphia, PA – Children’s Crisis Treatment Center
• Phoenix, AZ – Golden Gate Community Center
• Portland, OR – Self-Enhancement, Inc.
• Sacramento, CA –St. John’s Shelter Program for Women & Girls
• Salt Lake City, UT – The Indian Walk-in Center
• San Bernardino, CA – Kids Come First Community Clinic
• San Diego, CA – The Boys & Girls Club of Greater San Diego
• Seattle, WA – Emergency Food Network of Tacoma and Pierce County
• St. Louis, MO – St. Louis Area Food Bank
• Tulsa, OK – Emergency Infant Services
• Virginia Beach, VA – Seton Youth Shelters
• Washington, DC – Life Pieces to Masterpieces
• West Palm Beach, FL –The Milagro Center
This is the second time FRITOS has partnered with Tim McGraw. In 2008, it launched the limited edition Tim McGraw Spicy Jalapeño flavored Fritos corn chips and was the official snack of the “Live Your Voice” tour.
ABOUT NEIGHBOR’S KEEPER
Founded by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill in 2004, out of their desire to help people in need and encourage the spirit of neighbors helping neighbors, Neighbor's Keeper seeks to strengthen communities by contributing to diverse projects with primary emphasis on children's initiatives. To be a part of Tim and Faith's efforts to help others, charitable contributions can be made to the Neighbor's Keeper Fund at The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee, a 501(c)3 public charity.
Frito-Lay North America is the $13 billion convenient foods business unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP), which is headquartered in Purchase, NY. In addition to Frito-Lay, PepsiCo business units include Pepsi-Cola, Quaker Foods, Gatorade and Tropicana. Learn more about Frito-Lay at the corporate Web site, www.fritolay.com/, the Snack Chat blog, www.snacks.com and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/fritolay.
PepsiCo offers the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 18 different product lines that each generate more than $1 billion in annual retail sales. Our main businesses – Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade – also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in over 200 countries. With more than $43 billion in 2008 revenues, PepsiCo employs 198,000 people who are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth, called Performance with Purpose. By dedicating ourselves to offering a broad array of choices for healthy, convenient and fun nourishment, reducing our environmental impact, and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace culture, PepsiCo balances strong financial returns with giving back to our communities worldwide. For more information, please visit www.pepsico.com.